Kemper's Reviews > American Vampire, Vol. 3

American Vampire, Vol. 3 by Scott Snyder

Jun 15, 2012

bookshelves: 2012, comics, history, horror, war, vampires
Read from June 13 to 15, 2012

What could make World War 2 even bloodier? Vampires!

There’s essentially two stories told in this volume. The secret group of vampire hunters called Vassels of the Morning Star recruit aging human Henry to leave his vampire wife Pearl to try and root out a nest of bloodsuckers on the island of Taipan as the US tries to take it from the Japanese. Skinner Sweet shows up with his own agenda and as always the brutal vampire creates chaos and bloodshed wherever he goes.

In the second story, the Vassels send their agents Cash McCogan and Felicia Book to Europe on a secret mission to see if a Nazi scienctist has developed a cure for vampirism. And in a one off story, Skinner Sweet takes in a wild west show where he creates more mischief after coming across some old friends.

The series is just getting better and better as it goes. It’s now obvious that Snyder has a pretty well mapped out plot going on, and it’s getting more intriguing as the takes the characters deeper into the 20th century. We also get some more explanation and background as to the different vampire species.

It’s bloody, brutal and helluva a good comic.
21 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read American Vampire, Vol. 3.

message 1: by Melki (new)

Melki Loved the first two - really looking forward to this one.

message 2: by Arthur (last edited Jun 15, 2012 04:56PM) (new)

Arthur Graham "What could make World War 2 even bloodier? Vampires!"

Kemper Melki wrote: "Loved the first two - really looking forward to this one."

Best one yet.

Kemper Arthur wrote: "Maybe so, but I imagine they'd make less mess than an M3A1... Get some in your MOUTH at least!"

I dunno. As we learn here, vampires on a battlefield is kinda like making your own tomato juice with no lid on the blender.

message 5: by Arthur (new)

Arthur Graham Kemper wrote: "I dunno. As we learn here, vampires on a battlefield is kinda like making your own t..."

I see... Shoulda figured!

Ronyell Great review Kemper!!! I'm really enjoying this series too!!