Andrea's Reviews > Blood Jewel

Blood Jewel by Georgia Cates

Aug 24, 12

Read from August 14 to 15, 2012

**This review is spoiler-free for Blood Jewel. There may be spoilers if you haven't read Blood of Anteros.**

With star-crossed lovers and captivating prose, Blood Jewel sure to win over those looking to get swept away with a romantic story.

After the way Blood of Anteros, ended, I was anxious to start reading Blood Jewel. Now that the "getting to know you" phase was over, I wanted to know what happens next. What do you do when the one you love is a fragile human, and you are timeless? Curry and Chansey have plans for a long, happy future together, but Curry's maker Marsala still hasn't given up on him. She wants Curry back, and Chansey out of the way for good. Chansey and Curry's Agape bond continues to grow stronger, changing them both in impossible and miraculous ways. Meanwhile, the Coven learns of the Blood Jewel, and what they find out may put the most unlikely person at risk. From start to finish, Blood Jewel is full of conflict and revelations.

If you're looking for a romantic super-couple, look no further than Curry and Chansey. When I first began the series, I assumed Chansey would be a meek, soft-spoken shadow to Curry. I'm happy to say that is so not the case. Chansey is a firecracker! Most girls would be afraid of a centuries old vampire hell bent on revenge. Not Chansey. When she learns what lengths Marsala will go to in order to get rid of her, she basically says "Bring it, b*tch." How awesome is that, right?

I think I mentioned in my review of Blood of Anteros that while I did like Curry, I found him to be a tiny bit creepy with the way he watched Chansey. I'm happy to say that I didn't find him to be at all creepy in Blood Jewel, just a bit overprotective and uber-romantic. And he even pokes fun of his stalker tendencies, which put a big smile on my face. Curry is definitely more vulnerable in this book, and I loved seeing that side of him.

I found Blood Jewel to be romantic, exciting and surprising. I can safely say that I did not see most of it coming! The plot twists keep coming until the very end, taking turns that I didn't fathom when I started the series. The writing is beautiful and romantic. The love story is swoon-worthy. To be honest, when I think of how long I must wait until the next story, I want to cry a little bit. If you love Paranormal Romance with a strong emphasis on the romance, Blood Jewel (and Blood of Anteros) is the book for you.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Jewel.

08/14/2012
08/15/2012
25.0% "Chansey is so fiery!"
08/15/2012