Kelly % Books-n-Kisses's Reviews > Blade Song

Blade Song by J.C. Daniels

Jul 01, 2012

liked it
Read in June, 2012

I have to start by saying that I have not read many books in the Urban Fantasy genre. Yes, yes I know there are lots of great ones out there. I promise I will get to them. So when JC asked me to read her new book I was excited and nervous all at the same time. Then came the disclosure that this was not going to be a HEA romantic-ish ending. So I was a little worried I may not like. But I went into it with my eyes open and really did end up liking this book a lot.

Kit Colbana is a very tough girl. She has been through so much in her life that it is amazing how well rounded she is. But she has a soft spot for kids and is willing to stand up for them no matter what the cost is to her. And that is how she finds herself in the situation that she is currently in.
A situation that involves one crazy female Alpha, a lost boy, a pain in the butt vampire, and an amazingly good looking, totally out of this world protective, royal pain in the ass new bodyguard. Who is also the Alpha’s head enforcer.

I will say that it did take me a little bit to get into this book. I liked Kit right off and loved Damon. But it took me a little while to figure out the world and decide if I like the book. I love that Kit was brave, strong and determined. But the same time she is young, naive and gets herself in over her head. Damon is an Alpha all the way even if he doesn’t know it yet ;) . I really did in enjoy this book and look forward to the next installment in the series. I look forward to seeing how Kit grows and what other surprises she has up her sleeves.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blade Song.