Jaskaran's Reviews > The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight

U 50x66
Jun 13, 12

bookshelves: forget-about-these
Read in June, 2012

Right off the bat, I must confess that I haven't many romances. But I have read better ones.

The first thing that I didn't like was the third person narrative. Love is too intimate a topic to be written about in third person. I just didn't connect well enough with the story because of this.

Secondly, misleading title. I felt that this book focused more on the father-daughter relationship than the romance. It was more about Hadley growing up, accepting the choices her father made, her stepmom etc..

A few other incidents such as Hadley just running away after the wedding, abrupt. And what was even more bemusing was that she found Oliver in probably one of the biggest cities in the world with just 10 pounds in her purse. Love can do wonders you say, nah, don't buy it.

It did have a few good moments, mostly during the plane ride. Oliver's making up fantastical projects, the old lady passenger are examples.

Overall, it had too many bumps and too few magical moments. Recommended only for teenage girls.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight.