Kim's Reviews > Theft of Swords

Theft of Swords by Michael J. Sullivan

Jun 13, 2012

bookshelves: fantasy-challenge, favorites
Read from June 26 to July 03, 2012

I love this story! Michael J. Sullivan is now on my favorite author list. This is the first book I have read by this author and I must say that I was very pleasantly surprised by how well written and imaginative it is. It caught me from the start and it was difficult to put down! There was no skipping ahead to gloss over boring long descriptive paragraphs (which I have a tendency to do when the reading is laborious)! It is a very well written, fast paced read.

Hadrian and Royce are funny, believable characters that I am now totally attached to and I can't wait to continue reading the series to follow along with them. Alric, Arista, Thrace, Esrahaddon, Magnus and Myron...loved each and every one of them!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Theft of Swords.

message 1: by Michael (new) - added it

Michael Hey Kim,
Thanks so much for the great review - and for adding me to your favorite author's list - I'm honored. For me a big part about why I write as I do is to create characters that "I" want to spend time with - it sounds like we have similar tastes in friends.

I see that you've moved on to Rise of Empire - thank you for that, I look forward to hearing what you think of it as well.

Michael.

message 2: by Kim (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kim Yes and so far loving every page of it as well!

message 3: by Michael (new) - added it

Michael Nice - glad to hear it.