Paula's Reviews > Providence

Providence by Jamie McGuire

Jul 05, 12

bookshelves: kobo
Read from June 13 to July 03, 2012

I am having a hard time getting into this one. I am about 1/3 through it and the whole set up seems silly and contrived...I am finding the love hard to believe...I am going to take a break and come back to it...which usually means I won't finish it...sooo disappointed because I loved Beautiful Disaster so much!

-------------------------------------------

I am back at it again. I think it took reading a couple of bad books for me to come back and appreciate this one. I am enjoying it more now....about half way through. Not sure I'll continue the series, but I'll probably have to now that I am such a big JM fan!

--------------------------------------------

I finished it and I guess I did enjoy it okay...maybe 3.5 stars...might read the sequel just to see what trouble Nina finds herself in for book 2...
4 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Providence.

Michelle [Helen Geek] I actually finished this one. I planned to read the 2nd one, but this one just didn't impress me enough to move on. Unfortunately, I already purchased it. Now she has a third in this series... Oh, well.

Paula Too bad! I went on to reading 'Easy' because I was so disappointed with this one and needed a good romance fix. Easy is TOTALLY delivering...I agree wholeheartedly with your review!

Sabrina I completely agree with your review. I'm 85% done and finding it hard to get through.

Paula Yeah, I have no desire to continue with this series....blah

Sabrina I finished it and don't really feel like continuing with the series even though I have the books. Have you read Hopeless? I'm reading it now and it's amazing.