Delia's Reviews > End of the Trail

End of the Trail by Vickie McDonough

Jun 19, 12

Read from June 13 to 17, 2012

What a truly wonderful book!
Brooks Morgan is the ultimate slightly-flawed hero with a cocky grin that’s bound to make any female reader fall in love. After a decade of drifting and learning life’s lessons the hard way, Brooks wins a ranch in a poker game. Trouble is, feisty Keri Langston thinks Raven Creek Ranch belongs to her. If she’d known Brooks Morgan held the deed to her property, she might have left him hanging on the end of the rope she found him on, instead of shooting him free and saving his sorry life.
But she didn’t know. She did shoot him free. And now he’s a way-too-happy, far-too-handsome thorn in her side.
The End of the Trail is a hilarious, heart-rending, soul-searching rollercoaster ride. I loved it, and didn’t want the ride to end. But then, I always love McDonough’s work. This author presents stellar writing; wonderful, unexpected humorous moments; touching, heart-wrenching situations that make it hard to know who to root for; and consistently riveting storylines.
I dare you to read this book and not smile! Thing is, you will smile…and get a little weepy…and gasp in surprise a few times, as well.
End of the Trail really is that good.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read End of the Trail.