Amanda Peterson's Reviews > Stardust

Stardust by Neil Gaiman

Jun 13, 12

bookshelves: eng-356

I am not a fantasy reader, but Neil Gaiman may have converted me to the genre! I listened to this book, and oh boy is his voice dreamy!This book will take you into a whirlwind of a journey. A star, a boy, Lords, and witches! The characters of this book keep you interested and engaged and make you want to know more about their lives when the book comes to a close-thank goodness for epilogue! Go on an adventure outside of Wall, and be prepared to be on your toes! I would recommend for everyone to read this book (young and old)-everyone will enjoy it! I would recommend listening to this book! The reason why I gave it 4 stars instead of 5, was because I was dissatisfied with the anti-climatic ending-I would have loved to see another fight with the witch queen.

Fantasy-Trees talk, and there is other worldly things in the land of Fairey!

Action/Death: People die because they are murdered in various ways, and there is attempted murder.

Witchcraft: There are witches-so there must be witchcraft.

Kissing/Sex: There is kissing, and Tristan Thorn is born out of wedlock!

An interesting thing that I found out during the Q & A at the end of the audio-book, was that this was considered to be an adult book (according to Neil).

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stardust.