Yodamom's Reviews > Alaskan Fire

Alaskan Fire by Sara  King

Jun 13, 2012

bookshelves: dragons, kindle, mystery, native-american, romance, shifters, urban-fantasy
Read from June 13 to 15, 2012

Wow, I have always wanted to roam up to Alaska. Who wouldn't be drawn to the wildness and the solitude it offers ? Then there are the dangers, many dangers. I love the way the author incorporated both the dangers and the bonuses of Alaskan life in her paranormal twisted tale of adventure and love. From the strange folks that have been known to live there to the weather and survival issues. She has us worried about getting the generators running while watching for the werewolf attack. She tells a truth and mixes it with a myth, wonderfully. She also includes a lengthy lecture on ecology and the destruction of heirloom plants and animals and it's effect on the future for all. I found it a bit preachy but having grown up around environmentalists I just might be burned out on it. This was my only complaint. I thoroughly enjoyed the story, it took me to another place wild and unpredictable with well developed characters and plot. A very well done fantasy.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Alaskan Fire.

06/13/2012
16.0% "A wereverine ?!?!? I don't know, can that be sexy ? I never thought much of the wolverine beasties. Well, I wanted something different. So far it is keeping me guessing. It has been a bit preachy with the environmental issues conversations, or lectures. Hopefully that will simmer down soon."
06/14/2012
52.0% "Yes, I got past 50 % ! I am really enjoying the Alaskan wilderness and the weirdness/quirkiness of the people. I have started skimming over the ecological dribble on saving heirloom seeds, heirloom chickens, goats...etc. It's just too much in this story. If I want to know that much eco information I would look not in a fantasy read. I understand her love of the land and all it's things and appreciate it. IMHO"