Ben's Reviews > Magyk

Magyk by Angie Sage

M_50x66
Jan 30, 09

Read in January, 2009

classic example of choosing a book based on its prominent display location. I saw it was a series, sounded interesting, so I got it. While only begun, it is a fun read so far.

and now, the verdict is, in the words of Simpson's everywhere: Meh.

mildly entertaining, annoying bold, italic , misspelled wordes . The story is ok, but nothing gripping. I actually left it for weeks with only a few pages at the end.

While it wasn't a "bad" book, per se, it isn't one I can recommend at all.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Magyk.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristen (new)

Kristen I have seen these around and am always intrigued, but I have so many other books I have to get through first! I am not buying any new books until I get through the ones I already have. Unless, of course, I get a gift certificate or something. Then all bets are off! :)

Megan once you get thru those books u should definitely read Magyk. All the BOLD and ITALIC and MISSPELLED WORDS just show how the people of this book define certain kinds of magyk or UnQuiet spirits, and it has lotsa action. i think that you should check it out,Sidhe1.

Mariam Oh it is not "misspelled" words, I guess it was intended because the writer was creating a world of her own, where she uses whatever spelling she wants to define a spell...etc. If that's what you mean by "bold, italic , misspelled wordes".