Jennifer Ambrose's Reviews > Days of Blood & Starlight

Days of Blood & Starlight by Laini Taylor

Mar 25, 13

Read in February, 2013

I read a 75 page preview of the book and I'm VERY EXCITED about it. The cliffhanger at the end of Daughter of Smoke and Bone was brutal, but trust in the story and Laini Taylor. The preview was surprisingly easy to get into. It felt like I'd never left the story and now I want more!! Alas, we must all be patient...

Read March 2013
This book is brutal, beautiful, and very brave. Brave, because it doesn't ever take the easy way out. The characters change, they grow. They are beat down and they get back up. They make difficult decisions. This is a book not just about love, but war. It's not a fluffy YA. I am so grateful to Taylor for telling us a story that is so hard at times but feels so true. Moments of humor and reunion keep the story from getting too bogged down in the grim reality of war and genocide. I think everyone will see in the final installment that the pain was worth it. I trust Taylor completely. I know she won't pander, she won't fudge. She will tell us this story and she will tell it beautifully. Both male and female readers, both teens and adults, can enjoy this series. It started out fun and magical, and Taylor has raised it to the level of epic without letting it lose its human heart. Read this series!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Days of Blood & Starlight.

AriIceberg WHERE DID YOU READ A 75 PAGE PREVIEW?!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE TELL ME OR I THINK I'M GOING TO CRY... AND HAVE A HEART ATTACK!! 0_o :)

Jennifer Ambrose AriIceberg wrote: "WHERE DID YOU READ A 75 PAGE PREVIEW?!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE TELL ME OR I THINK I'M GOING TO CRY... AND HAVE A HEART ATTACK!! 0_o :)"

Oh! I'm afraid I got it from a friend who works in publishing. I'm not sure if they are available anywhere else...I would keep an eye on Laini's blog just in case!!

message 3: by Mon (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mon Mor hmm, was one of those that were handed down at BEA? I bought the paperback edition of DoSaB that incudes a tiny little sneak peek of Days,bt omg, 75 page preview *_*'

AriIceberg Jennifer wrote: "AriIceberg wrote: "WHERE DID YOU READ A 75 PAGE PREVIEW?!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE TELL ME OR I THINK I'M GOING TO CRY... AND HAVE A HEART ATTACK!! 0_o :)"

Oh! I'm afraid I got it from a friend who w..."

Oh well thank you for telling me :)