Laura Sestak's Reviews > The Dark Monk

The Dark Monk by Oliver Pötzsch

Jun 22, 12

Not as good as the first one but still good. This one seemed a little more religious to me, which is fine, but not really my cup of tea. I have a habit of always liking the first book in every series the most though so that also plays against all forthcoming novels in any series. Magdelena is still a strong female character but her jealous rampages about the medicus and her "female" type daydreams annoy me a little. Simon annoyed me greatly in this book for more reasons than i care to mention but Kuisl was the same lovable hangman(oxymoron?)that we grew to love in the former novel. Anyways, certainly a worthwhile read, even if it's not as good as The Hangman's Daughter.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Dark Monk.

message 1: by Keli (new) - added it

Keli Do you think I would like this series? I've got the first book, I got it from one of the daily deals for super cheap but haven't read it yet. I'm tempted to get The Dark Monk while it's relatively "cheap" but not sure if I should if I might not like it. Whatchu think?

Laura Sestak I really liked it. The first one's kind of like a witch hunt type book. They're both murder mysteries of a sort too. I really enjoyed the first one and i preordered the second one so they're definitely held in high regards by me. If it's one of the loanable books you can just borrow it from me if you like the first one.

message 3: by Keli (new) - added it

Keli Oooooh, it is one that can be loaned. Sweet. You sure you don't mind? I'm not ready for it yet, I haven't read the first one.

Laura Sestak Of course I don't mind. Just let me know when you want it.