Jade's Reviews > Lenobia's Vow

Lenobia's Vow by P.C. Cast

Jun 19, 2012

bookshelves: library
Read in June, 2012

This book is way better than any of the ten house of night books put together! That's the only reason I gave it a 4th star, by the way.
I absolutely detest the house of the night books, and I honestly don't rhink I'm going to read the next installment.
However, I actually enjoyed reading this book. It wasn't the best book I ever read, and it was certainly a very short read (within a few hours, might I add), but it was still well written.
Lenobia is far from self centered (like a certain main character in a series I'm not going to mention again), and I feel like I understand her a lot more now that I've read this book.
I also loved the setting on the boat, and at the end in New Orleans. I live 30 minutes away from New Orleans, and I go there a lot, so I found it interesting to read from a point of view when it was still a French territory. (The Saint Louis Cathedral in Jackson Square is beautiful in real life and by far one of the best feautures of New Orleans.)
As soon as I finished reading the ending about how the fire burning down New Orleans, I had this weird epiphany.
Cheers for P.C. and Kristin Cast for doing some research on the setting before writing the book!
Believe it or not, in 1788, a huge fire burned down most of New Orleans. That's why today many of the original French buildings aren't there.
( SPOILER ALERT HERE!) The end was so heartbreaking though. Here I was, thinking they finally get a happy ending, and Lenobia's just so sad about him in the house of night books because she outlived him or something, but no! Martin just has to go and get killed in the bishop's stupid fire!
At least it was something new. After all, not many books don't have some sort of happy ending.
I might actually go and read the other novellas now.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lenobia's Vow.