Bubbles Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions 's Reviews > Lead Us Not

Lead Us Not by Kate McMurray

Jun 12, 2012

bookshelves: m-m, free, d-i-k
Read on June 12, 2012

Put down whatever your currently reading and pick up this FREE Story!!

This story was amazing. Its my favorite of the LiAW so far (from the ones I've read).

This was simply a beautiful heartfelt story. It made me laugh and cry and smile. It had my gut clinching and at parts so nervous I started sweating. It's pretty rare for a story to affect me so much physically as well as emotionally. I couldn't put this story down it was a wonderful read.

My favorite part is that while it is short it feels like you get a whole story. it doesn't feel like it ends too soon or leaves something undeveloped. It has a strong, satisfying ending.

And the story, did i already say it was beautiful? I normally don't like established couples but loved this one. I think because we do get to see them meet and fall in love and then we get to see them drifting apart before coming back together.

I loved both of the main characters. They were both well-rounded and just seemed real to me. and you just know they belong together and deserve their hea.

the writing was great. even though it was rotating first person it clearly stated who was who and never got confusing. And there were several flashbacks but they flowed so seamless and added such depth to the characters/story it never bothered me.

So read it, it's free and available for download right here on goodreads.
21 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lead Us Not.

message 1: by Ami (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ami I normally don't like established couples but loved this one

established couples can make great storyline!! :)

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions Ami wrote: "I normally don't like established couples but loved this one

established couples can make great storyline!! :)"

it seems like a lot of times the authors are lazy and just say "they already love each other" and then never show this connection or feelings and it always seems like the relationship is too underdeveloped for me... i like see the guys fall in love and be apart of that journey. not just be told they love each other so no reason to show that aspect.

message 3: by Ami (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ami Bubbles wrote: "i like see the guys fall in love and be apart of that journey. not just be told they love each other so no reason to show that aspect..."

True, I guess this is where flashbacks can come quite handy

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions Ami wrote: "Bubbles wrote: "i like see the guys fall in love and be apart of that journey. not just be told they love each other so no reason to show that aspect..."

True, I guess this is where flashbacks can..."

yeah but its rare when an author can do flashbacks and not pull me out of a story.. some are really good though. i read Swept Away recently and the guys been together 15 years and still liked it.

so its possible to have them be good i just find with established couples i'm often disappointed with the relationship aspect of it

message 5: by Veronica / V (new)

Veronica /  V Me either, I don't like established couples stories, but I will give this story a go, thanks B :)

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions I hope you like it! I loved it

message 7: by Jaime (new)

Jaime Great review Dane! I can't get into any book right now...maybe this one will take me out of my funk.

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions Yeah I hope so. I loved it

Sometimes when I'm in a funk I just reread some favorite books