Leeanna's Reviews > Snow White & the Huntsman

Snow White & the Huntsman by Lily Blake

Jun 12, 12

Read from June 08 to 10, 2012

Tie-in books are hit and miss, usually miss.

“Snow White and the Huntsman” was a definite miss. I really wanted to like it, because I was so excited about the movie. The trailers looked amazing!

I read the book to tide me over until the movie comes out on DVD, as I won’t be seeing it in the theatre. But reading the tie-in made me not want to see the movie at all. The story, which seemed so cool and different in the trailers, was boiled down to a lackluster tale that went from A to B to C.

The writing is what bothered me the most. The characters are flat and never really developed. They’re inconsistent, too. For example, Snow White was locked up in a tower for ten years. Yet a few days after escaping, she’s trekking through the woods all day and learning to fight. The author goes from harping on her weak body to totally forgetting it.

A day after finishing the book, and I’ve already forgotten most of it. Not quite the experience I was hoping for. I’ll still check the movie out, but now I’m not so sad about my decision to wait for it on DVD.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Snow White & the Huntsman.