Ellie's Reviews > Seeker of Shadows

Oct 24, 12

Read from June 12 to 17, 2012

Seeker of Shadows, Moonlight #6, By Nancy Gideon
Grade: C-

“How can something make you so weak and so strong at the same time?

Jacques LaRoche woke up in New Orleans seven years ago with no memory of his past. Since then he has carved a life for himself as a bar owner and has proven worthy of the shifter clan in the area. Jacques may not know where he came from but he does know he has a mate out in the world, one who left him without any memories of their time together. Jacques has never looked for his mate but when Dr. Susanna Duchamps arrives in town his whole world is thrown upside down.

When Dr. Susanna Duchamps agreed to come to New Orleans to repay the woman who rescued her daughter she never expected to find her former mate and true love Jacques LaRoche. Susanna made an agonizing decision seven years ago that changed both of their lives but gave Jacques hsi freedom. The feelings between the two are still there but Susanna has to make sure Jacques never learns the truth of their past or he will never let her go.

I was very apprehensive about reading Seeker of Shadows after I DNFed the previous book in the Midnight series. This book was much better then Hunter of Shadows but it still had a lot of problems that made it very hard to read. I felt very lost at times and there is no background given. If you have not read the previous books you will be beyond lost and I don’t recommend it. Susanna is a Chosen which was not explained at all but from what I can gather Chosen have mental abilities and no feelings. The only way I wasn’t completely lost was because I’ve read Nalini Singh’s Psy-Changeling series and Chosen are like the Psy.

My biggest problem with the book was that it was all over the place. I felt like there was way too much going on and not enough explanation. I also had a big problem with Susanna and just don’t like her at all. I understand why she thought she needed to keep secrets from Jacques but I thought it just made her very manipulative and selfish. I couldn’t stand her by the end and was praying Jacques would see how horrible she was.

This is my second attempt with the Moonlight series and though I actually got through this book I don’t think I will continue reading it. I had a very hard time liking or caring about the character which makes it very hard to want to read about them. As I mentioned before also felt like I was reading the Psy-Changeling series by Nalini Singh which I am a big fan of. I tried to like this book but failed miserably.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Seeker of Shadows.

06/16/2012 page 50
06/17/2012 page 200
50.0% "FINALLY! That took forever"
show 1 hidden update…