Michelle's Reviews > League of Strays

F_50x66
Jun 14, 12

Read in May, 2012

Dear Reader,
Throughout reading the entire book, it was impossible to tear myself away from the fantastic story that is League of Strays. The only two things that could take me away from finishing this novel were: 1) sleep deprivation and 2) my mom pushing me out the door to whatever was planned for me to do that day. This innovative tale exemplifies both great writing skills and a phenomenal story line. The “dark” demeanor of this story adds an intriguing fervor, but the League of Strays so called “darkness”, is in such proportion throughout the book as to not overwhelm the reader. Also, the characters within the League of Strays are well crafted, and the story is tweaked in such a way that little bits of the characters’ true personalities are revealed in creative moments throughout the book. I can honestly say that I have a clear vision, in my head, of each character. I can envision how they dress, their hair, their facial features and expressions, and how they hold themselves throughout the book. This is not only portrayed by the initial descriptions of the characters, but the dialogue and reactions of the characters in each chapter. The bottom line of this review is: I love this book. I am a fourteen-year-old eighth grader, going into high school, and I find this novel relatable, well written, exciting, captivating, and believable. Those are only a few of the fantastic adjectives that one could use to describe this novel. I believe every young adult can relate to at least one character, situation, or choice in this incredible story.

Sincerely,
A Girl Who Knows Her Books

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read League of Strays.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Annalise You go girl! :)

message 2: by Jazmin (last edited Jun 14, 2012 08:10PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jazmin .... Dear reviewer, I'm entering the tenth grade and I'm reading this book. I can assure you, there is nothing "innovative" about this book besides the fact that the main "hero" (ACTUALLY, WHAT THE FRACK) VILLAIN would get tasered, beaten up, gouged in the eyes and kneed in the balls by *any* other teenage girl, because hey "if this random guy who I've never spoken to knows LOTS about me and I know jack-shit about them OF COURSE, I'm going to fall in love them".
----------------------------
Kade - synonymous with "sociopath" http://www.mcafee.cc/Bin/sb.html
----------------------------
Silly me, I think this is Twilight if we viewed it in its "darker" nature, and no one sparkly/hairy was involved.

"I believe every young adult can relate to at least one character, situation, or choice in this incredible story." HELL TO THE NOOO. I understand that there are some reclusive/withdrawn teenagers in high school but I'm for certain this novel is not meant to show them what they should do. Because not all high-schools are in backwater town and clearly don't have SOME sort of surveillance equipment.

Please, I've read and watched every Stephen King movie/book. And, I still found League of Strays more ... creepy, if you will.

Because every boy should aspire to be a Kade and every girl should fall in love with one. Obviously.

Blythe Bahah! Looks like you deleted all of my comments, too! I hate to break it to you, but it's too late. The proof is in my review.

Paige (TheBookVulture) Archer wrote: "Aww you deleted my comment to.... thats fine I have another message for you, don't worry it's a picture..."

Lady Blythe wrote: "Bahah! Looks like you deleted all of my comments, too! I hate to break it to you, but it's too late. The proof is in my review."

I love you Lady Blythe and Archer! That is all.

Kelly H. (Maybedog) Paige, me, too.

You can tell it's a sock puppet review by the fact that it has only made one review, this one.

Jazmin, you're cool. You are obviously the age you claim because you write like you're that age, you're sarcastic and kick-ass. You go girl.