Kristin Anders's Reviews > About Last Night

About Last Night by Ruthie Knox

Jun 18, 12

bookshelves: imperfect-heroine-romances

How are the sex scenes?

Steamy and delicious with a heavy dose of realism.

(i.e., sometimes they have conversation or compare each other to previous lovers, etc.)

Some scenes are descriptive, others are behind closed doors.

How are the story lines?

The story revolves around the hero and heroine, but the plot thickens

and thickens as you go.

no pun intended...well, kind of

Would you read it again?

Yes. Probably once I'm finished with this review.

Summary

Mary Catherine "Cath" Talarico has been operating as "Good Catherine" for the past two years. Good Catherine works a steady job, avoids bad situations - and men - and has reminders of her mistakes tattooed on her skin.

Neville "Nev" Chamberlain is a successful banker in the Chamberlain family business. To Catherine, he fits the stereotype: fancy job, custom suits and politically correct women who look as if they stepped from a Lacoste catalogue.

Nev has other ideas.

Catherine was surprised when she woke up and uttered, "About last night..." to her mysterious stranger and even more surprised when Neville pursues a relationship. Catherine wants the furthest thing from it, refusing to take a chance on life, love and a future...with him.

Review

Ruthie Knox is a rockstar and I am her groupie.

"About Last Night" by Ruthie Knox is a contemporary romance novel set in London, England. First off - this is awesome. As an American I am used to American settings. Throw me a novel with a British hero complete with a fetching accent and I swoon. Dear Ruthie, I swooned.

The writing is excellent with no repetitive (more)

1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read About Last Night.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

MRose I finally read Ruthie's 2nd book. Definitely worthy of re-read.