Ruby Madden's Reviews > The Parasol Protectorate: Soulless, Blameless, and Changeless

The Parasol Protectorate by Gail Carriger

9206988
Jun 12, 12

The Parasol Protectorate Series by Gail Carriger is a treasured find from 2010. I was riding home from work on a very packed bus and noticed the cover of the book the man sitting across from me was reading. He had a bemused, wry grin on his face. Something told me he was reading something scintillating. Being brave, I boldly went in. In a realm where strangers don't want to, but are often forced to interact, I decided to talk to a stranger. So, I asked?

"Excuse me, If I may - what are you grinning about?"

He looked mortified, looking nervously around us and all the curious eyes suddenly watching our interaction. "It's a steampunk series, do you like steampunk?" he said, managing to regroup himself.

"As it turns out, yes." I grinned. I left the man in peace, taking note of the title & promptly pulled out my phone to order it online.

This series isn’t being marketed as erotica, but I will tell you why it is in my mind. This is one of the best paranormal series that includes interplay between an Alpha female and an Alpha male. Saucy, hilarious, touching, very entertaining & I pre-ordered the last three books of the series (there are five total) that is how hooked I was.

Characters include werewolves, vampires, ghosts, etc. It's also steampunk fiction, a favorite of mine. The rest of it is delicious, all the supporting characters have their own naughty streaks with every type of sexual orientation well represented. Honestly, I found myself attracted to almost all of her well-written characters.

So yeah, H-O-T. Fun, always amusing, funny, paranormal fiction.

Tea anyone?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Parasol Protectorate.