Sally's Reviews > Meant to Be

Meant to Be by Lauren Morrill

Nov 07, 12

bookshelves: e-galley-read, ya, london, boy-meets-girl, school
Read from November 05 to 07, 2012, read count: 1

Julia "Book Licker" Lichtenstein is a totally straight-laced nerd who knows everything and never breaks the rules. She packs like five guide books for her school trip to London (it was kind of amusing for a moment when the flight wasn't 24 hours long... because duh, they're from Boston, not Australia :P) and is totally hyped up for all the museums and cultural excursions and Shakespearean things they're going to see and do.

Jason Lippincott is the totally immature, annoying boy who is like the epitome of "they always tease the one they like." His hobby is getting on Julia's nerves, and it's even worse when they end up paired as buddies for the trip.

And ohmygod I shipped them SO HARD. They were just adorable together. My favourite part was totally their little journey to the graffiti by the Thames, and the guitarist, and Jason playing the Beatles... and of course Stratford-upon-Avon! And just everything. This book was heaps of fun and just a delight to read, and I was so into the "Chris mystery" as well. (view spoiler)

I'm not usually into ya romance, but oh wow was this a good one. It's not just another generic love story. It's cute and quirky and both Jason and Julia are such terrific characters, so different to each other and then so much fun when they come together! If this was a movie, I'd so watch it :D
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Meant to Be.

11/05/2012
11/06/2012
30.0% ""[the vintage flannel button-up] is so old and worn it's like wearing a basket of kittens (but not in a weird way)." Hahahaha ten minute laughing fit!"