Danielle's Reviews > The Probability of Miracles

The Probability of Miracles by Wendy Wunder

Aug 24, 12

bookshelves: teen-book-club, books-i-love, first-reads
Read from August 21 to 24, 2012

Well, I loved this book. Its probably not one I would have picked up on my own - knowing it was about cancer and that it would be seriously sad and depressing. But having received a free copy, I knew I had to read it.

And I'm so glad I did. It's true, it was sad and it did make me cry (a lot); HOWEVER it also made me laugh (out loud sometimes). The main character, Campbell, may not appeal to or connect with everyone. But I liked her. She's negative, sarcastic, a bit rude, very matter of fact, trusts in rationality and reasoning, and believes in nothing. But what else should you expect from a person who has spent the majority of her life fighting an impossible fight, knowing that she will never win? But as a reader, you want her to believe in something. You hope for a miracle for her since she won't hope for one herself.

My real only gripe is that it could have used a bit more detail/description. I felt that it jumped a bit and needed better flow/transitions in just a few places.

But please don't let that keep you from reading it! Its definitely worth putting on your "to read" list.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Probability of Miracles.

Quotes Danielle Liked

Wendy Wunder
“Being kind is one of the hardest thing to be in high school because you're so terrified of being cut down yourself that you're always on your guard. But don't be like that. Be kind and you will be truly different. A standout. Unique and happy.”
Wendy Wunder, The Probability of Miracles

Wendy Wunder
“You can't force your will with the universe. You just have to trust how things unfold.”
Wendy Wunder, The Probability of Miracles