Zuleeza's Reviews > Dies Irae

Dies Irae by Christine Fonseca

Jun 20, 12

bookshelves: debut-author-read-in-2012
Read from June 12 to 14, 2012

This review is also available on my blog, Qwerty

Oh my God!!! This book is full of tragedies, it reminded me a lot of Shakespeare's plays.

If fact, I think I'm not fit to continue on with Lacrimosa anytime soon. I'm depressed enough with my exams coming soon

Oh yes, I can be that melodramatic.

First of all, can't be have a better cover art than that? Please pwetty, please...

Second, I think the writing was just stunning. But I won't lie, I did expect Maggie Stiefvater's level of awesomeness when I read my GR friends' reviews but well, I'm more than happy with this level of writing.

I don't know about you, but this book just fell short from getting the full five stars because I was a bit annoyed with one after another big mistakes committed by every single character in the story. It felt like those mistakes weren't fully justifiable, yet the author decided to throw them in to make the story more tragic. It felt overdone for me, so...yeah.

Another thing, I'm a bit disturbed by the premise that 'nothing good would come out of all these human emotions'. I mean, there must be something, anything that these angels could learn while inhabitating their human hosts, they couldn't be all bad, could they?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dies Irae.

06/13/2012
45.0% "Ou-kaayy...Requiem series doesn't deserve to be shelve under YA because the story goes beyond that...it has depth, maturity and intensity...probably too serious to my liking but maybe that's just because of the male POVs :/"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Brooke YAY!

Zuleeza I was looking for something short, so I guess this one fits the bill :D

Brooke Zuleeza wrote: "I was looking for something short, so I guess this one fits the bill :D"

Yup, it's short!

Brooke Oh, you have to continue on to Lacrimosa. It is phenomenal! Really, you think Maggie is better than Christine? I think I must disagree. Their writing is so different I cannot compare. Both are high stars in my book. I think had you read Lacrimosa first, you might have felt differently about the characters. I'm glad you liked it, nonetheless.

Zuleeza I definitely will continue with Lacrimosa but not in the time being as I got plenty of arcs and library books to be read!!

Yea...I guess it's a bit unfair to compare Maggie with Christine in term of writing but I just thought Maggie's lyrical prose would be better suited with this kind of tragic story? But that's just my opinion :)

Anyway, thanks so much for convincing me to read this. It was definitely worth it!