Brandi Kosiner (Brandi Breathes Books)'s Reviews > Send Me a Sign

Send Me a Sign by Tiffany Schmidt

Sep 18, 12

Read from September 01 to 16, 2012

Send me a Sign is a beautifully written story with a strong narrator.
I totally clicked with the main character Mia, because I have done what she does so many times, looking for signs in everything. Not to the extent that she does, but I've looked for meaning in songs, and said if this happens, then I will do this, if not, I won't. I think that is a really neat spin on the novel and how her looking for signs shapes so much of the novel and her choices.
Gyver is such an awesome friend and well written character, I would love to have him in my life. I waivered so much on Ryan but I think that is sort of the point. One minute I would think that he is growing so much, and then he takes steps back and confuses me.
The calendar girls have such an interesting dynamic to their friendship, going through the seasons, and how they each have their quirks and such.
The premise for Send me a Sign is so interesting, I'd never thought of anyone trying to hide their illness like that, and I don't know how realistic it would be, but I suppose that you believe what you're told and with how much Mia withdrew at times, it could've played out in real life too.
I couldn't put this book down, wanting to find out what happens to Mia, how she learns to fight, to speak for herself, and making a choice between the two awesome guys in this book. Her character development is so incremental and Tiffany Schmidt did a spectacular job with it. She is an author to watch, and I can't wait to see what she does with her next novel, Bright Before Sunrise coming in 2014.
Bottom Line: Send me a Sign is an emotional debut that pulled at my heart strings, and tearing through the pages until I reached the end.

For more of my reviews, check out Blkosiner’s YA and Teen Book Blog: http://blkosiner.blogspot.com
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Send Me a Sign.