Jill Williamson's Reviews > Swipe

Swipe by Evan Angler

Jun 12, 12

Logan Langly is starting school and is only a few months away from his thirteenth birthday. That’s the day when he can get the Mark, which will give him the full benefits of citizenship. He’ll be able to get a job, to buy things, to take the trains. But Logan isn’t sure he wants the Mark. Because when his sister went in to get it, she never came back.

What if Logan goes in and never comes back?

Plus, people are following him and he doesn’t know why. When a new girl starts school and Logan befriends her, they start investigating, and what they discover is the beginning of something huge. Something that will change everything. Forever.

This book is so much fun! I couldn’t put the thing down. It’s a fun and clever dystopian story. It will get you thinking about how people tend to conform without asking questions. And it will leave you wanting to read the next book. I liked the unfolding mystery of what was going on, and the storyworld was so much fun. A lot of thought went into creating this dystopian future of what our country might have done to gain peace after a global war. I highly recommend this one for readers aged eight and up.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Swipe.