Aaron Carlberg's Reviews > A Shepherd Looks at Psalm 23

A Shepherd Looks at Psalm 23 by W. Phillip Keller

Aug 20, 12

This book was written in 1970 and you can really feel that in the tone of text and analogies...some things seem a bit stale and over worked, but that is simply because many of these analogies have been used by preachers over the past 4 decades. I am sure when he wrote them they were fresh and new.

Having said that, this small little book holds much wisdom for all believers. If you are a pastor, deacon, elder, or minister and have people under your care, you will get a better picture of the type of life that God calls us to in caring for our flocks. If you are a newer Christian simply trying to sort out who Jesus is, this is a great book to help you understand our great Shepherd's care for us.

My favorite line in the book was when two friends spent the night at Keller's home. They left and were traveling the next several days when one of them realized he couldn't find his hat and asked Keller to ask his wife if it was left at his house when they stayed over. Keller's wife's response was this, "I have combed the house from top to bottom and can find no trace of the hat. The only thing those men left behind was a great blessing." I hope that is what people can say of all Christians after they come into contact with us...that we left behind us a great blessing.

Just like Jesus left us to live here to be a blessing.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Shepherd Looks at Psalm 23.