Kim's Reviews > Fifty Shades of Grey

Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James

F_50x66
Jun 12, 12

Read in June, 2012

Anastasia is an innocent in many ways, and a pushover when it comes to her roommate Kate. When Kate comes down with the flu, she convinces Anastasia to do an interview for their college newspaper for her. Expecting to interview a much older gentleman, Anastasia is surprised when she meets Christian Grey. Accomplished, young and wealthy, Mr. Grey is amused when he helps Anastasia to her feet when she literally stumbles into his office. There is an instant awareness between the two of them, however, Christian has secrets to keep. Needing to control those in his life, Christian's previous relationships with women were Dominant/Submissive and Anastasia is not sure this is something she is comfortable with.

I really liked this book, so much so that I am about halfway through the next book in the series. It was a fast read. Unlike much of the hype in the media, I found nothing objectionable about it. The BDSM is minor in comparison to the developing relationship between the two main characters. The story is more about how they struggle to make their relationship work than what they do and how they do it.