Lydia Presley's Reviews > Goddess Interrupted

Goddess Interrupted by Aimee Carter

Jun 12, 12

bookshelves: 2012, contemporary, fantasy, fiction, young-adult
Read in June, 2012

Okay, I'm going to confess. I succumbed to an incredible amount of cover pressure when it comes to Goddess Interrupted by Aimee Carter. There were a number of reasons why I shouldn't have picked this book up (and liked it!).

First, I'm almost always disappointed by covers like this - well, not by the cover but the content inside. Secondly, I haven't read the first book of the Goddess Test series, and picking up book two first is a big nono for me. Third .. it's a young adult romance and I've had it with them.

Those reasons said, there was one huge reason I picked up the book in spite of all of my instincts screaming NO! I had just read a really dark, intense book and I wanted something light and fluffy and I love, love, love Greek mythology. So I gave it a go.

Folks - I DEVOURED this book. I read it in one straight sitting and I could not tear myself away from it. I was thirsty for the last 10% of the book! But could I be bothered to get a drink? No.. because I needed to know!

Even though this was the second book in the series, the story is not so complicated that I couldn't get into it and get the gist of what happened in book 1 - and I'm glad I started with book 2 because I think book 1 might have turned me off when it comes to the series. As it was ... I still wanted to smack Kate around a little bit, but I still, I was hugely entertained and had a lot of fun seeing the Greek myths come to life and interact with one another.

Final result - surprised me (and I rated it well as a result), hugely entertaining, and the perfect read for a day on the beach.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Goddess Interrupted.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Zoë (new)

Zoë Oh nice! I wasn't sure about these books... I'm not sure I could stand starting at book 2 though! Sounds like that perfect escape book though, sometimes your brain needs a chance to relax.

Lydia Presley Zoë wrote: "Oh nice! I wasn't sure about these books... I'm not sure I could stand starting at book 2 though! Sounds like that perfect escape book though, sometimes your brain needs a chance to relax."
I really don't think I missed anything starting with Book 2 - it was so easy to figure out what was going on.

message 3: by Zoë (new)

Zoë Lydia wrote: "Zoë wrote: "Oh nice! I wasn't sure about these books... I'm not sure I could stand starting at book 2 though! Sounds like that perfect escape book though, sometimes your brain needs a chance to rel..."
Oh I can tell, and there are lots of series like that where the flashbacks/retrospect lets you figure it out, but it's like this weird analytical part of my brain that is really bothered by it. However, I *may* try it anyway :)