Michelle (Fluttering Butterflies)'s Reviews > The Immortal Rules

Oct 04, 12

bookshelves: books-read-in-2012, paranormals, ya
Read from June 12 to 13, 2012

This review was originally published at Fluttering Butterflies

Initially I wasn't going to read Immortal Rules. I thought to myself, 'I'm bored of vampires, I can't take anymore' but a chance to read this book came up, and I figured that it's Julie Kagawa, why not? She completely changed my opinion of fairies with her Iron Fey series, I thought maybe I should give her a chance to make me see vampires in a new, refreshing light. And, really, how could I have doubted her? I thought she did an incredible job with this book and I cannot wait to read absolutely anything else by Julie.

I loved in Immortal Rules how the story feels almost as if there are three distinct parts, each part as intriguing and fascinating as the others. When one ended, I was at once sad to see the story go in a different direction and also excited by what is to come. As this is the first book in the series, I'm really looking forward to seeing how things work out in this world and with the array of characters we meet. The beginning, which introduces us to our main character, Allison, and also to this dark and dangerous world in which vampires are in control, was exciting and gory and perfect. And each and every page had me desperate to know what would come next, what would happen? It's been a long time since I've been so enthralled by a book!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Immortal Rules.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anna (new)

Anna Just saw this one of a kindle deal - I was tempted but I'm not usually into the vampire stuff. I'll be interested to see what you think!

Michelle (Fluttering Butterflies) Loving it so far! Wasn't sure I wanted to read another vampire story but it's Julie Kagawa, she always does a great job!