Michael Dunellen's Reviews > Cirque de Minuit

Cirque de Minuit by Annabel Joseph

Jun 18, 12

bookshelves: life-under-the-bigtop, if-pepé-le-pew-were-a-dom
Read from June 15 to 18, 2012

I thought this one was funnier than most of Annabel's book which I know sounds kind of odd because of the seriousness of the first chapter. But Kelsey is so much the perky California girl and Theo is trying to so hard to be the aloof distant Frenchman that it had me laughing more than once.

But then we get to visit the backroom of le Citadel and it wasn't so funny anymore.

Kelsey was incredibly strong. She wasn't a masochist but she was so very much a submissive. Once she realized it, she became utterly devoted to making it happen. And she met all the challenges presented to her. Even though I kind of knew what was going to happen, I have to admit I got surprised a couple of times.

The way Kelsey and Theo mixed her learning about submission with her learning to perform on the aerial silks was really inspired. Note: I have to admit I haven't been to the circus in a while so I had kind of forgotten what aerial silks were. Fortunately, YouTube was there for me. There are some great videos if you need the reminder, too.

Not for the faint of heart, but if you are reading this, you probably aren't.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cirque de Minuit.

message 1: by Juls (new) - added it

Juls I'm sold!! the last line of your review got me!

Michael Dunellen Juls, I am a huge fan of Annabel's books but they aren't for everyone. :)

message 3: by Juls (new) - added it

Juls i dont think i've ever read anything from her. *off to check the kindle* ;)

Michael Dunellen My favorite is Burn For You but you have to read Club Mephisto and Molly’s Lips: Club Mephisto Retold first. Her most popular is Comfort Object.