Kirsi's Reviews > A Life Without Limits: A World Champion's Journey

A Life Without Limits by Chrissie Wellington

Jun 12, 2012

Read in June, 2012

Interesting and inspiring autobiography and story about late-found interest, perseverance and rare mind that produced a 4-time Ironman world champion. Maybe I'm just taken by the sport at the moment, but I found it even strange that the book contained fairly detailed descriptions of quite a few races and I found them all fascinating. The author's early career in development also contained some insights which resonated well with her later work ethics: the way she saw that people need first and foremost be helped to help themselves, and through own effort comes the real change. (This was not excuse for dropping development, but doing it in a way that makes sense in the long-term.) The most fascinating thing was the mental training and challenges she had: it is not hard to believe that Ironman is hard, but this book made it clear that it is, above all, a mental game: about training yourself to overcome ordinary pain, and of not giving up.

The book is well-written, full of humor and self-irony, and made the reader believe that even they can do extraordinary things.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Life Without Limits.