Heather Babinsky's Reviews > Heaven Is Here: An Incredible Story of Hope, Triumph, and Everyday Joy

Heaven Is Here by Stephanie Nielson

Jun 12, 12

Read in June, 2012

I completely changed my mind about this book and Stephanie by the time I was finished reading her story. I honestly put it down about 1/3 through the book and decided I didn't want to read it. But I am glad I finished it. THere were moments when I was horrified at her reaction to different things after the accident. But the more I thought about it and pondered her reason for writing this book I was amazed at her courage. I don't know if I could be as honest as she is about how she truly felt at the awful sight of her husband, or her distant feelings from her children. It takes an incredible person to put her true feelings all out there and share it with all who will hear. It not only made me realize I need to be more true to myself, but also that we aren't alone. We may have discouraging thoughts or ideas come into our mind but that doesn't make us a bad person. It's what we do with those fears that define us. Stephanie is a wonderful example of seeing the situation for what it is and hoping for what it can be without sugar coating it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Heaven Is Here.