Hamza Ansari's Reviews > I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream

I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream by Harlan Ellison

Jun 12, 12

A rather disturbing but well written specfic about a HAL-type supercomputer named AM who has bought about the extinction of the human race and has saved 5 human beings for eternal torture and humiliation.

Post-apocalyptic doesn't come any better than this. This is work of art. A work of a genius. A true thinker. It breaks all boundaries and presents everything in such disgusting terror that it makes one wonder about is it really worse than Hell or Doomsday or not? If this still hasn't become a classic, then it should be and it should also be in your list of "must read" and believe me, not a single waste of time. The ending is rather touchy there but I think it was necessary. It showed that there was humanity still left!

Also, it has also been made into a successful video-game which you can view it on YouTube and I do hope they convert it into a movie. Please don't go like Doom! I wanna see a good silver-screen adaptation!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream.