Patrick Farr's Reviews > The End of Illness

The End of Illness by David B. Agus

Jun 12, 2012

liked it
Read in June, 2012

Dr. Agus does a nice job of making you think critically of how important symbiosis is within the context of the human body. The same things that can benefit your body in moderate doses can harm it in excessive doses. Not groundbreaking stuff, but he is able to translate the medical processes of how this can affect you at a cellular level very well.

The idea of Proteomics (analysis of proteins) is the future of cearly diagnosis of disease. The interaction of proteins will be able to tell us ahead of time what disease we may be susceptible to; thus giving us plenty of time to do the things necesarry to combat the particular disease.

It is also going to give us a better idea of how drugs interact with the body. This would possibly give current medicines alternative uses for things they were not originally designed to do. The more we know, the easier it will be to diagnose and treat individually. We all respond differently to different things. The only way we can predict, with any accuracy, how one will respond to a certain treatment is by collecting data from persons with similar proteomic conditions.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The End of Illness.