Ellen 's Reviews > Telesa: The Covenant Keeper

Telesa by Lani Wendt Young

Jun 12, 12

bookshelves: blog-tours, a-z-reading-challenge-2012
Read in June, 2012

When I first started reading this book it was kind of slow getting started for the first few chapters, but don’t let that fool you. It was quite an adventure. Leila is an 18-year-old girl who has lost her father, is living with an overbearing grandmother, and decides to take off to Samoa to find out more about her mother. Upon arrival, she doesn’t feel any more welcome in Samoa than she did back home. Her Aunt and Uncle tell Leila that she shouldn’t have come, and they set strict rules for her. Leila doesn’t want to seem ungrateful, so she does as they ask. At school she ends up meeting the most beautiful boy she has ever seen, Daniel. She tries to ignore her feelings, but she is drawn to him, as he is to her. She also begins to feel ill, especially at night, feeling like she has a fever all the time, and on top of that, no one will tell her anything about her mother. It is as if the subject is taboo. As her relationship with Daniel intensifies, so does her fever, until something happens which completely changes everything. Then, she arrives home one day and finds someone there she never expected….someone she believed was dead….and Leila’s life as she knew it changes forever.

I found this book completely thrilling. Leila turned out to be a kick-butt heroine. The legend and myth of the Telesa incorporated a paranormal element that was fresh and exciting. I loved the romance. Daniel is quite the hottie. There are also quite a few other characters that were fun to get to know. Simone is hilarious and so well written, as were the other characters. The book, especially closer to the end, is action packed and filled with suspense. There is so much more to this story than I can put in a review, and I don’t want to give away any spoilers. This paranormal romance is combined with some kick-butt action, some supernatural women who can control the elements, in addition to a little mystery and suspense, with some really hot guys added in, which altogether make for a great read. Lani Wendt Young has done an outstanding job with this novel. I am looking forward to reading the next book in the series, When Water Burns.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Telesa.