Jane S's Reviews > Heaven and the Afterlife

Heaven and the Afterlife by James L. Garlow

Jun 22, 12

I’m just about finishing James Garlow and Keith Wall’s Heaven and the Afterlife, which turned out to be a lot more informative than I was expecting especially when compared to their other book I’d read earlier called Encountering Heaven and the Afterlife which was essentially a compilation of testimonies of those who had personal NDE and other supernatural experiences.
What I particularly liked about this volume was the authors’ interspersing of Biblical and Scriptural perspectives in their discussion of various aspects of the afterlife, like Purgatory and Reincarnation etc. The writing style is very helpfully matter-of-fact and clear on discussion points, with the effect of entering into conversational Q&A with readers. Suffice to say that I’m impressed with their approach that engages reasoning and rationality based on extensive Scriptural references for support or rebuttal. I’ve always had questions on these matters at the back of my mind but assumed I’d have to find the answers for myself the hard way, but this book successfully addressed many of my doubts and helped to clarify quite a few perspectives.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Heaven and the Afterlife.