Kate's Reviews > Awry

Awry by Chelsea Fine

Jun 24, 12

Read from June 12 to 13, 2012

I absolutely couldn’t wait to get started on this after reading the first book in the trilogy, Anew, and completely falling in love with it. Anew had ended on a crazy cliffhanger so I couldn’t wait to see what was going to happen next.

This book picked up exactly where the last one left off and I was so relieved to actually find out what happened to Scarlet. Like the last book I was gripped from the very first page and finished it in a matter of hours – this is a seriously addictive trilogy!

There was a lot more information about their past this time including details of how they all came to meet in their first lives. I found all of this incredibly interesting and was pleased to have some of my questions from the first book answered.

I loved the moment when Scarlet explained everything to Heather, her reaction to the amount of crazy information she had just received was funny and certainly typical Heather behaviour. Again I really did like all of the characters but in particular Heather because she was fun, bubbly and even when mayhem is going on all around her she generally acted a little bit ditzy. Nate was another great character, I loved all his quirks and sarcastic comments.

Obviously I’m still in love with Tristian and Gabriel and actually I think I’m even more in love with them now that I have learned more about their history. The love triangle between them and Scarlet is so perfectly complicated that I found myself hanging on every word of the story trying to figure out who she really belongs with. Unfortunately I’m still no closer on deciding that one – my opinion seems to change back and forth with each turn of the virtual page!

There were plenty more unexpected twists and a few hair-raising moments that got my heart pounding in fear, the visit to Mr Brooks house was definitely one of those moments.

The style of writing in both of these books is fantastic and makes reading them fun and exciting, the whole Team Awesome idea was one of those fun moments that really had me chuckling out loud.

This ended on another amazing cliffhanger and I am now eagerly awaiting the next instalment of this phenomenal trilogy Avow which, according to Amazon, is due for release in December 2012 – not too long to wait!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Awry.