Monie's Reviews > Thread of Fear

Thread of Fear by Laura Griffin

Oct 15, 08

Read in October, 2008

Forensic artist Fiona Glass is very good at what she does and the stress of hearing the victim’s stories has made her quit the business and focus her talent in her art. But Graingerville police chief Jack Bowman has convinced her to take on one last case. A case that has roots going back 10 years with a personal link back to Jack. Together Fiona and Jack will do their best to hunt a serial killer who's targeting teenage girls. But what seems like a simple assignment is fraught with complications, including a searing attraction to Jack that's tempting Fiona to let her guard down in potentially dangerous ways.

Thread of Fear was a great suspense book and recommended for all suspense fans. The ending was a complete surprise and the book was never predictable. My first love in reading were suspense books but as of late I’ve read less and less just because the stories have become so predictable but Griffin’s story has brought me back. The pacing of the story is perfect. Nothing is given away too early and you’re left anxiously reading the next chapter. The characters seem so real and I was able to connect with them making the story all the more real to me. Thread of Fear is book one in Griffin’s new Glass sisters series and I am anxiously awaiting book two, Whisper of Warning. In addition I will be going back and reading her earlier books One Last Breath and One Wrong Step.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Thread of Fear.