Ursula Florene's Reviews > Little Men

Little Men by Louisa May Alcott

Jun 12, 12

Read in June, 2012

Could be the best children inspiring novel I've ever read!

Louisa May Alcott is a genius. She knew ho to write touching stories without being weak or too emotional. I've loved her ever since Little Women . Little Men is the last book form the trilogy. The main character here is The Bhaers, which consists of Jo Bhaer (used to be March), Fritz Bhaer, and their sons, Rob and Teddy. They live in a comfort house in Plumfield, whcih Jo turned into a private school. Most of the students there are boys, but that doesn't mean it's an all-boy school. There are female students too, but not as many as the males.

I don't want to waste time making resume, you can find it in other reviews of this book if you want. This book is, A-MA-ZING! The way Alcott wrote the story, the way she expressed the character, emotional parts, and the fun parts, were perfect. She knew how to play the readers' emotions. It's not too melancholy, but surely touching. It seems like I were one of the boys studying there. I were involved in every part of the events happening there, and I were talking to every character there.

All the stories were also very natural, Alcott didn't exaggerate every single events just to make it a touching one. She wrote it simple, but right to the core.

I really recommend this book to all parents in the world!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Little Men.