Alex Murphy's Reviews > Watership Down

Watership Down by Richard Adams

Sep 25, 14

bookshelves: inventory, lit-fic, loved

** spoiler alert ** I love this book. If I were stranded on a island and could only save one book I would bring this book. Everything about this book I love. It is amazing and I recommend this book for anyone ten and up. Starting in fifth grade I would read this book twice a year. Once when school started and once when it ended. Again, I love this book.

This is an adventure book. Following two brothers who decide to leave home because of the youngest one's premonitions. They gather a small group and head out to a 'promised land' They fight to get there and the way is paved with dangers. Sound good? Well that is just a small part of the book, oh and in case you were wondering, they are all rabbits. Rich with the lush English countryside, heroes of old, and the simple lives that rabbits lead make this book wonderful.

New Review- sort of

This is still my favorite book in the whole world. I love this book and everything about it. This book is everything you can ask for. Just sheer wonder, every time I read this book I find something that I have missed, or forgotten, or has new meaning for me.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Watership Down.

10/03/2013 marked as: currently-reading