Celine's Reviews > Throne of Glass

Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas

Jul 09, 12

bookshelves: arcs, for-review
Read on June 22, 2012

Review originally posted in: http://forget8me8not.blogspot.com.au/...

Cover:
SUPER DUPER AMAZING. It's SO GORGEOUS and EPIC! The girl in the cover looks deadly, just like Celaena and I actually prefer the UK/AUS cover so much more than the US cover. It really reflects the story of the book!

Story:

Meet the world's deadliest assassin, Celaena Sardothien...

Well, after reading Throne of Glass, this book has quickly become one of my favourite reads in 2012. There has been quite a hype going on about this book and after reading it for myself, I can confirm that this hype is true. Throne of Glass is amazing.

I've heard that the book was originally published in Fiction Press under the title 'Queen of Glass' and that it quickly became the top story in the site. All I can say is, this book should have been published long ago because it was just that good! From the very first page, Maas' writing took me on a journey filled with dangers, excitement and surprisingly, a sweet and adorable romance. This book is one of the best YA fantasy books I've read! Maas' detailed descriptions of her settings, the world-building and the story plot was awesome! The plot was unpredictable and kept me guessing until the end. I love the blend between actions, magic, fantasy and romance in this book. Everything was in the right proportion and I just couldn't get enough. The love triangle was unpredictable as well. One minute I thought the girl was leaning to this guy, but then the next I thought she was leaning more towards the other guy! The ending made me desperate for the sequel. Things were not yet fully explained and I need more of this amazing book!

Characters:
Oh Celaena Sardothien (what an awesome name!), you are my hero. I want to be like you SO MUCH. You're so kick-ass, strong, skillful yet you're so pretty and feminine. And you have a Crown Prince vying for your attention plus the Captain of Guards. Well, who wouldn't want that?

Dorian and Chaol. I CAN'T CHOOSE. One second I thought I'm Team Dorian, but then Chaol took me by surprise with wonderful scenes between him and Celaena that I just can't help but love. So I guess I LOVE BOTH GUYS and I'll just let Celaena make the decision instead of me!

The characters were all amazing! Including the assassins who had to compete with Celaena. Even Dorian's father, the King was very scary. He actually gives me chills! I also really liked Celaena's friend, Nehemia, who might just be more than what she seems to be!

Overall:
Throne of Glass is a remarkable debut novel. Maas' writing, world-building and story is absolutely exquisite. With a perfect blend of romance, fantasy, actions and amazing characters, Throne of Glass has quickly become one of my favourite 2012 reads. If you love fantasy, then I'd recommend you to pre-order this book or immediately get it when it's out!

Thank you Bloomsbury Australia for the review copy!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Throne of Glass.

06/22/2012 page 232
56.0% "SQUEEEEEEE.DORIAN. CHAOL. CAN'T CHOOSE."

Comments (showing 1-9)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

Alice ♔ I have to admit my goodreads page has freaked out from this review. XD Like literally. Your 'AAAAA' has cut into my 2012 reading challenge on the sidebar. LOL.

SO JEALOUS THOUGH OMG.

Celine I'm confused. My 'AAAAAA' cuts into your 2012 reading challenge sidebar? LOOOLLLLL.

Hahaha, have you got this book on pre-order, Alice? ;)

Alice ♔ YES. Quite literally. My goodreads homepage looks crazy right now. XD

Not YET but once I get birthday money to put books on preorder I'm DEFINITELY adding it. ;) ;) SO EXCITED.

Celine My 'AAAAA' also cuts my goodreads home page too, LOL. Sorry about that. Maybe I should delete the AAAA to make it normal, XP

YAY! AUGUST is not that far away, right? :P

Alice ♔ Hahahahaha don't worry about it. <3 It makes your review stand out EVEN MORE hehehe.

Nahhh not too far away. ;) LOSING LILA COMES OUT THEN TOO OMG. So many amazing books are coming out in the next 6 months its CAH-RAY-ZEEE.

Jasprit Yay! you read it!!!! I'm so glad you loved it too! Btw your last question I'm still debating too! :)

Celine LOL, me too! Thank you so much, Jasprit! <3 I'm already desperate for book 2!

♥Rachel♥ Another 5 star review! Celine I must read this soon after your brilliant review. :)

Celine Awww thank you so much, Rachel! <3 I hope you enjoy it as much as I did! :)