Simon's Reviews > Igraine the Brave

Igraine the Brave by Cornelia Funke

Jun 14, 12

Read from June 08 to 14, 2012, read count: 1

This book was okay, but it was not my favorite by Funke. Still she has a way with words that is right up there with JK Rowling.

Its the magnitude of the world that she creates and the possibilities. These are truly fairy tales re-re-written in epic fashion.

While the Sorrowful knight was a great character, he was annoying with his negative drawl and just brought me down. He was boring mostly, but he could speak well. The problem was that his speech is what bored me.

Igraine being only 12 still has much learning to do, but she really needs to listen.

I liked her brother's character, he was pretty alright and I enjoyed his skills at taming mice.
The Gargoyles and Stone Lions were also enchanting, and the water snakes.

I would have thought that Igraine's cat would have been more entertaining but he was not in the book as much as I would have thought and didn't really strike me like I would have thought.

Lancelot and the MAre were nice characters, I always have a love for horses, quite nice.
The Baroness (while having a very small role) was by far the most entertaining in my stand point.

Overall the plot was good, and I liked the story.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Igraine the Brave.