Sharon Looby's Reviews > The Only Ones

The Only Ones by Aaron Starmer

F_50x66
Jun 11, 12

Read in June, 2012

This ibook is part science fiction, part dystopian. . It had many twists and turns and just when you thought you had the story figured out , it would take A completely different turn. While I wasn't hungering for the next page as I am with some books, I found it to be a good read. This book features a moment in time when everyone disappears except for kids and these kids that are left behind all seem to find their way to Xibalba. Each kid has some sort of talent, some good, some bad. Martin Maple is a boy that lived on an island his whole life - no friends, no schooling - he spent his life working everyday with his dad on "the machine". His dad never told him what the machine was supposed to do but it was important and there was always one final piece that they couldn't figure out to make the machine run. When Martin turned up in Xiblaba and started to piece things together, he realized how to use the machine and what the final pieces were. The machine was to bring the kids families back as long as they had something special that tied them to their families.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Only Ones.