Romancing the Book's Reviews > Say Goodbye to Yesterday

Read in May, 2012

Posted on Romancing the Book's blog
Reviewed by Amie Lou
Review Copy Provided by the Author

There were times when that I felt like the author was keeping secrets. I would turn the page and not know what was going on and was never able to determine how the characters got where they were. But I decided to just go with it and keep reading, mainly because I liked Carlton so much. He is the bright spot in this book. A man treated horribly by his wife and doing his best to live according to God’s instructions.

I’m sorry to say that I had trouble relating to Annabelle and wished for more insight into her motivations. Maybe then I could have been sympathetic. Here’s a woman who gave herself to a terrible man–not once but twice and years apart. Did she not learn anything? And it seemed to be that her hardships were minimal if she could have lived for 15 years without her secret being known and all the while having a nanny to care for her children. But again, Carlton to the rescue. For me anyway.

However, I’m completely up to reading the next in the series to see if perhaps the author found her stride with the next set of characters. Given the development of Carlton and the adorable Geraldine (Annabelle’s youngest) I may find a jewel after all.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Say Goodbye to Yesterday.