Megan's Reviews > The Fallen Star

F_50x66
Jun 14, 12

bookshelves: read-2012
Read from June 11 to 14, 2012

** spoiler alert ** I loved this book. It is a completely new idea (so different from the typical vampire/werewolf books) and was so well written. This book sucked me in from the very beginning. There were a few typos, but they didn't really detract from the story. The plot was interesting and good. Just when I thought things couldn't get worse, they did. And it ended on a huge cliffhanger. I loved the characters in the book. Gemma is awesome. She finds out she has the power of a fallen star inside herself, and instead of just accepting it (which several characters in other books I have read do. They just accept it, never question it) she was full of questions. I still can't decide whether I like Alex or not. He drives me nuts. I can't figure out what side he's on, so I kind of understand how Gemma feels. Laylen was probably my favorite character, and if he died I'm going to be really upset. I did find the "big twist" that Stephan was the bad guy somewhat predictable. I guessed that's who it was during her vision by the lake. However, I am kind of surprised at how truly evil he seems. He was only in the last 20 pages (it was on my Kindle so I'm not exactly sure where) but he is one evil dude. I can't believe the things he did to Gemma. I don't think he is trying to save the world, but that's just my opinion.
Enough gushing, I would definitely recommend this book. I absolutely loved it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Fallen Star.