Brian Williams's Reviews > Drama

Drama by Raina Telgemeier

Jun 11, 12

I got this ARC through Netgalley; which made me pretty happy. The last book I got through them was Courtney Summers new book This Is Not A Test. You can read my review of that book here. I highly recommend if you love zombies or just an in general great read check it out.
So I'm a fan of Netgalley because it leads me to be able to read some really cool story from books about zombies to one about about relationships that out drama the drama on stage.
I'm a big fan of Raina Telgemeier going back to her Baby Sitters Club books. I got to meet her when we were in New Orleans for ALA at last year. She was really nice. While there took the opportunity and I bought a copy of her book Smile, I review it here, and got her to sign it.
How I feel about that book has grown from it being very depressing to me to something that's just a joy to flip through over and over again.
She also signed my autograph book. If you ever get a chance to attend a event she is part of I recommend doing so.
Going in I really didn't know much about Drama. I hadn't even read much about what it was going to be about but she is one of those creators who I will check out any project they are involved with.
Raina Telgemeier is one of the few sequential storytellers where when I'm reading their books there are no panels, there are no gaps, I'm totally immersed in every second of the story as if I was watching a film. Comparing medias doesn't really work but I did mean that as a really big compliment but don't think it came across in what I wrote.
Drama surprised me in many ways but the biggest one was how quickly you fall beside these characters and get to know them. From introduction, to getting to know characters, to story jumps and moves, you are having so much fun before you know it the story is over and you are left smiling.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Drama.