Zhao Yong Chen's Reviews > Gregor the Overlander

Gregor the Overlander by Suzanne Collins

Jun 11, 12

Gregor the Overlander is about a kid named Gregor who fell through a gap in the laundry room while chasing his little sister. They end up in a place called the Underland where Giant rats, bats, Cockroaches and Spiders live along side the humans. The Underland had a prophecy of Gregor coming and helping the humans against the rats. He starts a search for his missing father but to he has to start by going on a dangerous quest to find him.
The theme of the book is fate. I believe that it's the theme because people in the underworld believe in prophecies and for them to do so, I have to think that the first few prophecies came true. Also, I believe that it's the theme because they believe that Gregor would come and one day, he did and since they predicted that a long time ago, I believe fate was written out for Gregor when the prophecy was being written.
I liked this book because it was funny and very suspenseful. It keeps you at the edge of the seat and makes you wonder if something's going to happen. I like the way Suzanne Collins left the book up to your imagination and allowed you to picture every scene. A suspenseful scene that I liked was when they were walking along the walls of a cave/cavern next to a deep pit, it kept making me wonder if anyone will fall down.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Gregor the Overlander.