UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine...'s Reviews > Forever and a Day

Forever and a Day by Jill Shalvis

Forever and a Day is the sixth book in the Lucky Harbor series and just like the first five stories... amazing! In all my reviews of Jill Shalvis’ books I use the same words: sexy, passionate, beautiful, wonderful, heartwarming, feel good, magical… and all of those words apply to this story, too.
Love can happen in a heartbeat.

Grace never thought she’d be starting her life over from scratch. Losing everything has landed her in Lucky Harbor, working as a dog walker for overwhelmed ER doctor Josh Scott. But the day his nanny fails to show up, Grace goes from caring for Josh’s loveable mutt to caring for his rambunctious kids. Soon Grace is playing house with the sexy single dad…

With so many people depending on him, Josh has no time for anything outside of his clinic and family–until Grace arrives in town. Now this brainy blonde is turning his life inside out and giving a whole new meaning to the phrase “good bedside manner.” Josh and Grace don’t know if what they have can last. But in a town like Lucky Harbor, a lifetime of love starts with just one day…
I absolutely adore this story… the entire series, in fact. But of the last three books, this is my favorite. There was something special about Grace, something I didn't notice in the earlier books, but something I deeply admired and appreciated. Her strength, her compassion... incredible. But the way she gave Josh whatever he needed, whether he realized he needed it or not? Well, that unconditional devotion made her one of my favorite heroines in the series. And Josh, a man who cared for others, selflessly, even to his own detriment. But a wonderful father, brother, lover... and so, so real. Not a commando or black ops specialist... just a normal guy. The kind of man you really could meet in the grocery store or dropping kids off at school, and I loved that about him! An everyday Hero, but just as hot and sexy as any "dangerous" hero I've read before.

The bottom line: Yep, no surprises here! Jill Shalvis has done it once more. With a great story and amazing characters she made me fall in love with Lucky Harbor all over again. If there's really such a place, someone please let me know, because I'd be there in a heartbeat. Who doesn't want that kind of magic in their life?

My sincerest thank you to netgalley.com and Grand Central Publishing for providing me with a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. As always, it's been a pleasure.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Forever and a Day.

07/03/2012
09/14/2013 marked as: own-have-read

~Megan~ Extremely jealous!!!

MountainKat I am jealous too!!

Sharon Looking forward to seeing what you think :) I am hoping to start this on the weekend..

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... I loved the excerpt!!! Jill Shalvis really can't write bad.

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... MountainKat wrote: "I am jealous too!!"

~Megan~ wrote: "Extremely jealous!!!"

***hugs***

message 6: by Dee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dee Hope you are loving this one too Dhes ☺

Becs - Sinfully Sexy Book Reviews Lovely review Dhes x

Vicki Excellent review...I cannot wait to read this one!!! :)

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... Thanks, Vicki! It's awesome. Just ... awesome! I'm looking forward to chatting it up with you!

Elizabeth (Liz) Perfect review, Dhes! Cannot wait to be able to read this one!!

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... Thanks, Elizabeth. I'm already jonesing for another Jill Shalvis Lucky Harbor book!

Maloup I'm so jealous you got to read it already! :D I can't wait!

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... Oh, you'll love it!!!!

message 17: by Lori (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lori OMG I LOVED this book... :)

Kelly22 Great review Dhes! I agree about being ready for another Lucky Harbor Book already:)

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... Thank you, Kelly! That's the downside to Jill's amazing writing - you can NEVER get enough of it!

message 21: by Wendy (new) - added it

Wendy Excellent review Dhes! I really need to bump this up, on my every growing TBR mountain. :)

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... Thank you, Wendy! It's such a great story. Sucks you in and leaves you with a huge smile on your face.

message 23: by Dee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dee Fantastic review Dhes....I knew you would love this one too!....It is also my favourite of the last three!.....Seems to be a pattern as I loved Sawyer's book the most from the first three and his was the third book too! ☺

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... Thanks, Dee! *hugs*

message 25: by Dee (last edited Jul 06, 2012 11:02AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dee UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "Thanks, Dee! *hugs*

And Ooho, good point, Dee! Sawyers book was also the most emotional one, I thought. Maybe JS saves the best for last each time?"

Sure looks like it!.....Roll on the next three - can't wait ha ha!

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... Amen! When are they out?

message 27: by Dee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dee UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "Amen! When are they out?"

Haven't a clue....was hoping you were in the know ha ha....I have looked on her website but can't see anything on there but surely she won't leave Lucky Harbor just yet, after all there will be so many unhappy bunnies around shaking their heads and screaming and crying!LOL

message 28: by Dee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dee Dhes....I have just sent Jill a message asking if there will be any more LH books, and if so when are we likely to get them......I will let you know what she says once she has replied xx

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... Thanks, Dee. I really appreciate it! *hugs*

message 30: by KatLynne (new) - added it

KatLynne Great review Dhes!

message 32: by Dee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dee I have heard back from Jill and there is great news! *doing the happy jig*

She says that she is currently writing a Christmas novella for LH and it is to be called Beneath The Mistletoe. I am gonna add the book to the GR database and link it into the LH series so keep a watch out for it so you can add it to your shelves!

message 33: by Dee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dee It's done, so don't forget to add it to your shelves!

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... Thanks, I'm adding it now :) I wonder if it'll be part of an anthology or released on its own.

message 35: by Dee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dee UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "Thanks, I'm adding it now :) I wonder if it'll be part of an anthology or released on its own."

Oh goodness I hadn't thought of that! Unfortunately she didn't say but I will keep an eye on her website and as soon as something flags up amendments can be made then.

message 36: by Dee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dee Just seen reall good news on Jill's website...Check it out http://jillshalvis.com/blog/2012/07/1... Smileys

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... Oh, Dee! THANK YOU for letting me know. This makes me very happy!

message 38: by Dee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dee UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "Oh, Dee! THANK YOU for letting me know. This makes me very happy!"

Me too ha ha.....Probably have to wait until this sort of time next year but at least we know they coming!

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... And they sound great!

message 41: by Dee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dee They do don't they!

message 42: by Dee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dee AND, one is gonna be a firefighter!

MountainKat Oh, good news indeed!!

Kelly22 Thank you for sharing this tidbit with us Dee ... and thanks to you too Dhes ofcourse. This is why I just love Goodreads :)

message 46: by UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... (last edited Jul 17, 2012 09:28AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... Kelly, you're welcome, but I didn't do anything! Dee's the bearer of great news! But I agree, THIS is why I love GR. So much great information and so many AWESOME people wanting to share it!

message 47: by Dee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dee UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "Kelly, you're welcome, but I didn't do anything! Dee's the bearer of great news! But I agree, THIS is why I love GR. So much great information and so many AWESOME people wanting to share it!"

That's why I love this site too Dhes....I just happen to check Twitter and saw Jill's tweet on there so quickly ran to PC to check it out.....I was jumping up and down desperate to share the news...The kids just looked at me like I was a looney ha ha

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... Well, Dee, I hate to break it to you, honey, but you are looney. Then again, so am I, and many others of us here! LOL!

message 49: by Keri (new) - rated it 5 stars

Keri Yea!!! I am doing the snoopy dance! That is awesome news!

message 50: by KatLynne (new) - added it

KatLynne Fabulous news!:) Thank you Dee and Dhes!

« previous 1