Holyn's Reviews > The Resolution for Women

The Resolution for Women by Priscilla Shirer

Jun 11, 12

Read in June, 2012

I read this for a Bible study through my class at church. At first I was extremely skeptical as I anticipated the author would present antiquated notions as to how women are to behave and be 'lesser' than the men in their lives...all backed by scripture. I am happy to say I was proven wrong.

The Resolution for Women focuses on how women are to be present, committed, and focused in their lives today. How we are responsible for the welfare of our families and community not only because we are women but also because we are Christians. (Shirer speaks only to women in this book - there is a companion book for men - so when I say 'we' are responsible for our families...please understand men are as well, it's just not covered here.) This book challenges me to be a better wife, mother, and woman who walks with intention and raises my awareness of how each decision I make creates a ripple effect.

The Resolution for Women is challenging, thought provoking, and not always comfortable but I believe what I learned, combined with prayer and hard work, will continue to change my life - and the lives of those I love.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Resolution for Women.