Debbie (at) I Heart YA Books's Reviews > Painted Blind

Painted Blind by Michelle A. Hansen

Painted Blind is a wild ride. I went into this novel thinking it was going to be a nice romance story, but boy, Michelle A. Hansen grabbed me by the heartstrings and she took me on the most fantastic romance adventure. Hansen delivers a lot of fun humor along with an action-filled romance about what a girl in love will go through and do to win back the love of her guy and his trust. Hansen gave me thrill after thrill with Psyche and Erik’s love, but she also put some very serious scenes in this story that had me in tears, along with me cringing for Psyche. Hansen totally surprised me with this beautifully dark romance novel, always love it when an author gives me way more than I was expecting. Hansen is a wonderful, intriguing writer and she wrote an awesome novel.

Psyche has just returned from Italy where she had a summer modeling job. Now that she’s home to enjoy her senior year, her life is back to normal until the day she walks out of her hometown ice cream shop and looks up at a billboard ad to see her half-naked body beneath a waist-length wig looking back at her. Psyche knows the poo is fixing to hit the fan with her father, and how she’s going to explain this picture to him she has no idea. For a girl that has never even dated or had a boyfriend, this picture is getting Psyche all the wrong attention. But when the prefect guy rescues her and sweeps Psyche away to his most incredible world. She knows Erik is her meant to be forever love, but then Psyche listens to her best friend and betrays Erik's trust. Psyche will have to go to the only person that she believes can help her to get Erik back. But this person she’s looking to for help, is the person that wants her dead.

Erik is not your normal human guy. He has waited a long, long time to find a girl that just loves him for whom he is and not for what he looks like. Psyche was that girl, but when she does the one thing he asks her not to do all trust is gone…and trust is everything to Erik. And believe me, when Erik tells her it’s over and to get out, he definitely means it. He's a guy that takes action. I couldn't believe he did what he did Psyche, but I have to say I loved it. Even if Erik is a hard guy, he is my kind of guy, it’s always the deep, quiet bad-boys who loves their girl with all their heart and soul.

Painted Blind is about a girl who starts out to prove her love but will become strong and true to her own self when she’s faced with her own inner fears, and who will go to hell and back for the guy she loves. I recommend Painted Blind as an enthralling dark fantasy love adventure.

1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Painted Blind.