Naomi's Reviews > The Cottage At Glass Beach

The Cottage At Glass Beach by Heather Barbieri

Jun 15, 12

Read from June 11 to 14, 2012

What drew me to this book originally was that it was reviewed by an author I really like. It isn't what kept me there though. I found this book to be cookie cutter and boring. This book is the epitome of what is put out by big house publishers that is pure vanilla with the same old storyline regurgitated into yet another book. I recently read a blog post by an author I follow on twitter that asks if there are really any other "original" story lines left. If this book was an indication, I would say "NO!"

I actually found myself skimming over parts of the book because it was so predictable in spots that I really just wanted it to end and it was a fairly short book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Cottage At Glass Beach.

Comments (showing 1-2)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

message 2: by Diane S. (new) - added it

Diane S. I started reading this a week or so ago and couldn't read it. It was so incredibly fluffy. Even beach reads should be better than this one. But I didn't review it. Score one for me.

Naomi Right..I wanted to review it for my blog, so I finished it. I wonder what Sarah was thinking???